Monday, October 24, 2005

The Kenduri

The kenduri on Malam 17 Ramadhan went well. I guess the lamb or is it kambing was not enough. The bulk of it went into the rendang, while the balance went into the soup. Semua taroh inside the soup. Just to ensure the food is enough for everyone we added 4 more chickens. Ayam bakar sampai hitam, surprisingly it went down well with the guest. Maybe the sight of coal fire under the marinated chicken pieces is too much a temptation. The kambing was in demand too. Even the pak imam yang berpantang kambing had a bowl full of sup kambing.

But it was the kids who really enjoyed themselves I guess. After the food they ran havoc all over the place. Add some fire crackers and mercun bodoh sikit then the compound became alive with laughter. My grandma still ask me the same questions again and again, she is in her mid 80's now will failing memory. That night alone she asked me twice within 2 minutes where do I live and how many kids I have. At least she can still walk and take care of herself. I wonder if I can do that when I reach her age.

No comments:

GoogleAd

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...