Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Heirlooms & Antiques


I found the regulator type wall clock and the brass bed belonging to my grandparents (mom's side) at my (aruah) auntie's house in Shah Alam during the house cleaning. The wall clock made by Meiji Clock Company an old Japanese company located in Nagoya, Japan which started making clock from around 1895 and was among the last to manufacture mechanical clocks in Japan. In addition to Seikosha, the Meiji (pronounced like MY GEE) Clock Company affiliated with the ANSONIA CLOCK COMPANY in New York to produce Ansonia type movements for their oriental clocks. The Meiji Clock Company produced many different styles of clocks, most of which were based on American designs. I was told by my mother that the clock was purchased just after she was born so I guess the clock must have been from around early 1940's. I took it home but it was my dad who went around trying to find clock repairer that eventually cost me RM 400 to refurbish the wall clock.

The brass bed was from around end of 1940's, it was rusty but it was repainted and given the black & gold brass look. Problem is a 'single' mattress is too small but a 'double' mattress is too big for it.

No comments:

GoogleAd

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...