Sunday, October 11, 2009

Raya is good... food, food and more food...

When is it going to end? Gosh... every weekend there will be invitations for the Hari Raya open house and again this weekend as per the other last 2 or is it 3 weekends it has been the weekend of gorging lamb, boer, beef, chicken and not to forget the usual lemang, ketupat and rendang. The mention of boer made me salivate as I recall Zainal's boer soup last week. Fabolouso, fantastico, magnifico... thumbs up.. if I can show both thumbs in my shoes I'll give them to Zainal too... best thing is there is none of that white residue on the surface of boer's soup. That proves.. mmm proves apa ya? No fat? Ya maybe kut.

Zainal's effort at the factory open house.. he is the one holding that big knife

Today is no exception... again Zainal is the main man manning the barbecue at an open house, and I am assured of another round of lamb on the charcoal fire that fits my taste bud. Yup, at the factory open house he was the 'master chef' for the lamb too but I think today's serving is much better.... conspiracy?

After that its Yati's house... I found something I've never seen before, glutinous rice (pulut) in Nepenthes, what the bretheren is Nepen-fargin-ses I hear you say.... "Nepenthes" are also known as Tropical Pitcher Plants, Monkey Cup or Periuk Kera in Bahasa Malaysia. They are known for their beautiful “pitchers” but it is their carnivorous nature that intrigues people. What the *%$#.... it taste good, I can eat tonnes of it, so?

Yup you are right... its this thingy...

Then you clean & wash it, put the glutinous rice and coconut milk in it then steam it... Waallla.. this is what you get.

Ehem... what about tomorrow? 1 in Shah Alam another one in Subang and not to forget, need to visit Chong Kok Kopi Tiam tomorrow morning... my previous posting here

Whatever happen to the 20 odd kilos I shaved off my 6-pack over Ramadhan? Now I look more incredible than Mr Incredible ..... hahaha!!



No comments:

GoogleAd

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...