Friday, November 20, 2009

Ouch.... its stone in the kidney

It was early morning today today and I felt bloated. Was it something I ate last nite? I felt like my stomach gonna burst... and there is pain like I have never experience before that I sweat even under the blasting air-cond unit. This is too much, I thought and called dr Ghulam our family doctor just up the main road. He was already in the clinic and I made my way, in pain of course, to see him.

"Gimme some urine sample" he calmly said

"Sorry doc... I think I can't, been going to the loo too many times over the last 2 hours" I replied

"Just a little... not much, need to run some test" he told me

So off I go and managed to get something for him.. he ran some test and .. "I think you have stone, there's trace of blood in your urine"

Gosh... whatever happened to my brother and sister is now happening to me.... hereditary? So what about me? Ehem.. I'm still in pain and I got 2 jabs of painkiller on both kidneys and within 10 minutes I felt like I can run out of the treatment room. The good doctor wrote a reference letter for the urologist and sent me home with packets of medicine in tow.

Off to Sime Darby Med Centre and the nurse at the Emergency room ushered me to a Dr Kalai, nice man , good chap who spent a few years in Leeds, so we have something to chat abut other than the obvious 'stone' stuff. The MRI confirmed that there is a 3,5mm little piece of $#%@ somewhere along the tube. 3.5? I think its bloody big..what about the Jkt-Bdg trip planned for tomorrow with the kids. Do I have to go under the knife.... So the good Dr Kalai explained some stuff... so I will take the risk and go tomorrow, with some medicines of course... and we'll meet again in 1 week

No comments:

GoogleAd

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...